Adidas was among the first athletic shoe companies all over the world in the year 1924, in a little town in Bavaria, Germany. It has been evolving to become so popular today with myriads of design to comfort different choices from customers.Adidas always seeks for the attention and the feet of their runners with lots of groundbreaking new technologies in each shoe. Following are the top 10 running shoes on the market nowadays that you can refer:
- 10 Best Adidas Running Shoes
- 1. Adidas Ultra Boost 3 - perfect for marathon runners
- 2. Duramo 8 Running Shoe - most lightweight shoes
- 3. Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged - supercomfotable shoes
- 4. Adidas Pure Boost All Terrain - the best choice for all terrain
- 5. Adidas Adizero Takumi-Sen 3 - designed for faster paced running
- 6. Adidas Ultra Boost ST - best choice for overpronators
- 7. Adidas Alphabounce Beyond Running Shoe - perfect urban running
- 8. Adidas Supernova - long run shoes
- 9. Adidas Ultraboost Clima - best neutral pronation
- 10. Adidas Questar TND - appealing looks
- Compelling Story About Adidas Running Shoes
10 Best Adidas Running Shoes
1. Adidas Ultra Boost 3 - perfect for marathon runners
This model is designed for the marathon runners. Each component of the Adidas Ultra Boost 3 is designed around and geared towards long-distance runners. It comes with Primeknit, which flexes with your feet, and a torsion system that adds more heel support as well as a high rate of energy return.
- The fit of this shoe is undoubtedly comfortable
- Its revolutionary and innovative midsole foam is highly responsive
- Responsive midsole and durable components
- The shoe is very fashionable and ideal for casual wear and running
- Many users agreed that its price is expensive, however, they also said that the price is worth their investment, thanks to the overall quality of the shoe.
2. Duramo 8 Running Shoe - most lightweight shoes
This shoe is specially designed for a dynamic and lively running experience as it is very comfortable and lightweight. Duramo 8 Running Shoe is superbly versatile according to many athletes who have used them for short distance running, long-distance running as well as a wide range of activities and sport.
Duramos is famous for its endless comfort, great fit, and low price tag. Therefore, Duramo 8 Running Shoe will be a great addition to your shoe collection.
- Very affordable
- Lots of color options
- The mid-foot TPU cages provide users with targeted support
- The air mesh upper helps to keep your feet always ventilated
- The cloud foam midsole delivers a perfect go-all-day ride
- This shoe will be better if it is more flexible
3. Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged - supercomfotable shoes
This model offers security and comfort to lots of runners. Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged delivers responsive cushioning, which is flexible and lightweight. Besides, the energy boost system helps each of your steps feel enabled, and it’s mainly thanks to the special springy boost full-length foam. Its upper coverage feels and looks like a sock, therefore allowing free movement.
Some users reported that Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged was expensive, however, its service and overall performance are worth the price.
- The overall quality of this shoe is reliable
- The boost technology included in the shoe is highly praised for its durability and responsive performance.
- Attractive look allows runners to use the shoe casually
- The garter-like collar may irritate your skin, especially after a prolonged use.
- Some runners claimed that the shoe’s width is a little bit tight
4. Adidas Pure Boost All Terrain - the best choice for all terrain
The road is your running track, whether shine or rain, and this shoe delivers a surefooted, responsive ride regardless of the weather and terrains. Its boost midsole offers energy-return cushioning with each step as well as a waterproof knit upper that adapts to your foot’s shape when it moves. In addition, its all-terrain outsole is able to grip the roads regardless of conditions.
- Lateral support
- The shoe is very lightweight
- It brings both versatility and comfort
- Its outsole comes with a great combination of STRETCHWEB and ATR
- Can be used for both the roads and the trails
- Some users noted that a few design elements of this shoe weren’t efficient and they should be improved
5. Adidas Adizero Takumi-Sen 3 - designed for faster paced running
This model is a racing flat built with Adizero technology. Its forefoot comes with a boost midsole. Besides, the shoe also provides an effective energy-return and promotes high-speed performance as well. Thanks to its high-quality outsole, traction will be never a disturbing problem even on the uneven terrain. Therefore, it can be said that the quality of Adidas Adizero Takumi-Sen 3 is worth its price.
- The shoe’s toe adds more ventilation and room in your forefoot
- A whole new stretch upper, which adapts to your foot’s shape to provide a comfortable fit
- The shoe works well on roads, however, it can be used on dirt tracks without any problems
- This shoe is breathable, light and phenomenal, as stated by several marathoners
- It’s a perfect racing flat for the marathons
- This athletic shoe isn’t waterproof
- The minimal cushioning level and low profile design makes this shoe ideal for the minimalist runners
- The fit runs wide
6. Adidas Ultra Boost ST - best choice for overpronators
Adidas has added support and stability features to the Adidas Ultra Boost ST – its “greatest shoe”. This model combines the premium cushioning in such a stable ride. As expected, its arch support is perfect for moderate to slight over-pronators to give runners enjoyable rides.
Designed with the dual-density boost for better stability, Adidas Ultra Boost ST also includes the Adidas Primeknit upper along with the integrated mid-foot support for a natural and adaptive fit.
- Durable material with Teijin Japanese Mesh, which is able to adapt well to your foot
- The Primeknit upper is highly sophisticated and it’s firmer in certain parts, which need support.
- This shoe can hold up very well as a marathon option or as a daily trainer
- Boost midsole provides resilient and premium cushioning
- Slightly heavy
- High price tag
7. Adidas Alphabounce Beyond Running Shoe - perfect urban running
With this shoe, you have got an excellent urban running companion to launch off zig-zag and curbs through the crowds while turning the heads in clever-looking suede upper. The bounce cushion is the highlighted feature here that can work equally when powering through your day or running on the streets. Adidas Alphabounce Beyond M Running Shoe is a good choice for a modern and fashionable look at work.
- Versatility: This shoe can be used for casual activities, running, plyometrics, and weighting
- High quality and comfortable
- Perfect grip on the paved surfaces
- Stylish and trendy design
- Based on our observations, this shoe should have come with better color combinations
- As stated by users, the sole of this shoe is stiffer than that of other Adidas’ shoes
8. Adidas Supernova - long run shoes
This model is such a comfortable running shoe with traction system and enhanced cushioning. It’s a moderately weighted one that can hold your feet firmly and remain true to size. In addition, the technologies included in Adidas Supernova help to lower the impact on all terrains, re-energized and keep your feet dry and cool. The shoe also has an appealing appearance with various color options.
- Available various color schemes
- The outsole’s webbed design offers encouraged flexibility and traction
- The shoe is true to size and can perform well in the long runs
- The lightweight nature helps this shoe agreeable for your feet
- Some users complained that this shoe was quite heavy
- A few runners do not like its narrow upper coverage
- Its Achilles area is quite slippery
9. Adidas Ultraboost Clima - best neutral pronation
This shoe is a running shoe designed for runners with neutral pronation. Adidas Ultraboost Clima is specially built to offer a breezy and dry environment for your foot. Its upper is the part, which is responsible for offering a ventilated and lightweight coverage. Moreover, this shoe also comes with a moisture-staving yard to prevent the sweat from retaining in its foot chamber.
- It features an open-weave design, which allows the air to flow into the foot chamber
- Its outsole comes with the rubber of Continental brand for good function on the wet surfaces
- Provides shock absorption and cushioning
- Attractive design
- The upper’s fabric may tear apart after a few months using
- Some testers reported that the shoe was nearly half-a-size smaller as compared to their usual choices
10. Adidas Questar TND - appealing looks
This model is a running shoe, which is specially built for runners with neutral pronation. Adidas Questar TND uses the modern design, which follows contemporary shoe enthusiasts’ taste. It features a breathable mesh that dignifies its appearance and brings dryness and coolness to your running experience. The shoe’s color shifts via angular line-of-sight and light refraction.
- Durable and comfortable insoles
- Sweet appearance and excellent comfort
- Great plush cushion
- This shoe is a little bit bigger than the regular size. Therefore, it is recommended that you should get a half size smaller than your current regular size.
Compelling Story About Adidas Running Shoes
Adidas has made its great reputation in the athletic and footwear industries by keeping and believing in what its founder- Adi Dassler-was motivated long time ago: listening to the need of athletes and finding the way to satisfy them. This is also the reason for the foundation of his first shoe company, built in Herzogenaurach, Germany in 1924. And no long time later, it was really successful. Typically, his reputation was increasingly strengthened by the wins of many athletes using Adidas shoes, such as the Olympics gold medal of Lina Radke in 1928 or the one of Jesse Owens in 1936.
The Adidas running shoes are highly appreciated by most of the runners thanks to its flexibility which can be used in training, trailing or daily activities. They are also my favorite brand of running shoes. If you have a chance to talk to an Adidas enthusiast one time, you will easily know why they always follow it.You can rest assured that Adidas always uses the best and latest technology proving you the best performance. Usually, we check with outdoor enthusiast, daily users and handcore marathon runners to make sure they access our latest models and features.
What are the striking running shoe technologies of Adidas shoes?
Technologies are the things making every running shoe brands different. The following are some reliable and notable technologies which the running shoes of Adidas provide:
This is a great feature of Adidas running shoe. Its Primeknit will be uniquely designed so that when your foot expands on the run, it also changes to offer you a comfortable fit as well as minimize the irritation. Especially, you can feel this clearly through the mesh equipped in Adizero series shoes, in which you can enjoy the maximum fit accommodation, durability and flexibility. This is also the reason why the prices of these shoes are expensive.
as soon as releasing the first Boost technology in 2013, Adidas immediately made a great impact on this industry. The key to this technology is to use numerous small foam pallets to make up the boost, which was first introduced by a chemical corporation in Germany. This technology also made a change in the concept of foam EVA capability and also the reason for the massive development in EVA cushioning nowadays. The extra cushioning and lightweight are the typical features of this foam. It can absorb the shocks on the runs well as well as offers you excellent responsiveness. Particularly, its price is cheaper than the one of other midsole technologies provide by Adidas.
Continental Rubber Outsole
the features of the combination of rubber outsoles and continental tires or continental rubber compounds are the typical ones of Adidas running shoes. You can find that most of the Adidas shoes are equipped with the blown rubbers. The rubber is a bit lighter and more affordable than some outsole technologies. Although its durability is not perfect, it also offers extra flexibility and responsiveness. You can easily find this feature in the mid-market running shoes.
Adidas Torsion System
The propriety Torsion system has been applied on most Adidas running shoes since 1988. This system is not only for arch-support but also help the runners suffering from slight pronation or neutral runners change their running habits.
Adidas road running shoes
When running on the ground or hard surfaces, suffering impacts is unavoidable. The running shoe offered by Adidas has the midsole designed with a great cushioning. Making sure to minimize the shock and pressure on your foot as well as getting injured while running.
What are the outstanding features of Adidas road running shoes?
- Responsive: you can find in all Adidas running shoes the feature of delivering responsiveness and flexibility. The introduction of the Boost technology helps Adidas develop and offer more models of responsive and springy running shoes. With the increasingly innovative technologies, Adidas can make sure to satisfy the needs of the users both in the daily use and on the run.
- Flat undersurface with non-aggressive treading pattern: with the support of these features, you can be secured when running on the surfaces without traction and sacrificing grip. Moreover, with the feature of aggressive lugs, the use of your running shoe can be flexible.
- Breathabe and comfortable: Adidas always uses the high-quality technology to ensure to keep your foot breathable and comfortable while wearing. Plus, it also helps your foot avoid moisture as well as odor. Furthermore, Adidas also uses the materials which will fitly wrap your foot without causing any discomfort, including knitted fabric, synthetic materials and engineered mesh, offering you reliability and flexibility.
- Water-proof properties: very ideal in the winter season or wet weather.
- Lightweight: this feature is typical of Adidas running shoes. This is because of the naturally lightweight materials which it uses. This will help the runners much in competition as it will not take too much energy from the users.
- Versatile: not only can be used for daily use but also for fitness activities, such as casual running, speed training, sports or cross training.
Best road running shoes
Actually, if you are extremely interested in running, you might try lots of running shoes from different brands, such as Asics, Nike, New Balance or Brooks. And if you are looking for a pair of running shoes, Adidas should be among your best selection thanks to its reliability. The following are the most popular Adidas road running shoes that you should take into consideration:
Adidas Cosmic 2.0 SL
This is a kind of neutral running shoe which is lightweight, comfortable and breathable. It is also a favorable choice for daily use and at work. It is designed with the Clodfoam technology which offers the runners comfortable feeling and great cushioning while wearing. Besides, it also supports you much in absorbing shocks and avoiding impacts on your foot.
Adidas Terrex Skychaser
This running shoe is sleek-looking which is designed with the high technology and components. It supports you well with comfort, great coverage and cushioning as well as the right traction on/off the road. Besides, its midsole offers you wonderful stability and support while moving.
Adidas Mana Bounce 2
This is a neutral model which is specific for road running. It will help you enjoy your running with comfort and security. Especially, it has a design of updated smooth façade: non-bulky frame and less overlays.
Adidas Adizero Tempo 9
This running shoe is designed to support over-pronators. You can utilize its performance on the roads. Compared to its previous version, it is much subtler. Besides, its overlay uses the Microsuede fabric, offering great security and structure-reinforcement.
This model can satisfy the ones enjoy both great cushioning and perceptible responsiveness. This Adidas running shoe can support your arch well together with excellent breathability and comfortable interior. This would be a perfect choice for short running distances at average speed.
Adidas trail running shoes
There are different kinds of Adidas running shoes at different prices from expensive to cheap. All of them use the premium-quality and trail-ready materials as well as are equipped with top-notch technology, offering you excellent stability and comfort on the run.
What are the outstanding features of Adidas trail running shoes
- Waterproof: you can easily find these features on the trail shoes of Adidas. The upper of Adidas shoe is designed with the Gore-Tex membrane, offering wonderful waterproof. Besides, the shoe is als equiped with the water-repellent film which provides the feature of water repellent. Particular, its upper is always adaptive and breathable even if protective elements are added.
- Protective upper: as running in the hard conditions, especially trail running, you might suffer from slippery, wet surfaces, uneven terrain and other damaging factors like sharps stones which is harmful to you. In that case, Adidas has introduced a trail running shoe which is design to wholly protect your foot. The outsole and upper of this model use the materials which are durable and thick enough to help your foot avoid sharp objects.
- Durable Traction: this feature can perform well on the uneven and rough surfaces. Besides, its reliable grip also supports you well on slippery and wet grounds. Moreover, with the use of stretchweb technology and continental rubber, you can totally rest assured when running on rough terrains.
Popular trail running shoes
Adidas Terrex Trailmaker GTX
This is a type of neutral running shoes. Its appearance is consistent and clean with less overlays. Moreover, its façade is high-quality and smooth. It is also fashionable compared to nowadays shoes.
Adidas Terrex Agravic GTX
This model can be suitably used on many different kinds of outdoor terrains, typically technical ones. This running shoe uses the components of great quality, helping to delivery consistent on/off the road.
Adidas Rockadia Trail
This is a favorable choice of many runners thanks to its affordability, great design and flexibility. Not only working well on the trails but it can also be used on the road. Although seems rather small and narrow for some runners, it still receives high appreciation.
Adidas response Trail
This is among the most ideal neutral running shoes for runners. They highly appreciate its reasonable price, lightweight components and trail-ready configuration. However, there are still a few complaints about its inconsistent system of size, insufficient cushioning and stiff upper. On the whole, this model still gets positive remarks from users and reviewers.
After making some research, we have listed some of the most popular questions which the runners mostly ask when purchasing a new shoe.
Q: Is Adidas running shoe better than Nike?
A: in fact, these are the two famous brands in the running shoe market. They can be used for both daily activities and competitions. It is not hard to tell which one is better as each one has its own specific features that meet the demands of different runners. And both brands use highly excellent running shoe technologies.
Q: I am planning for a marathon, what do you suggest as far as selection goes?
A: if you are intending to join a marathon, Adidas running shoe will be an ideal choice for you. There are lots of models that fit your performances. They can surely support you well with great cushioning and responsiveness as well as keep your energy. All of these features are really suitable to support you on the long run.
Q: Is it expensive to buy water-proof Adidas running shoes?
A: Actually, it is a bit expensive to purchase Adidas shoes which are water-resistant, which usually varies from 150$-185$. This shoe is supported by Gore-Tex membrane which helps to prevent the water go inside your shoe in any weather conditions. Some typical Adidas running shoes are Adidas Supernova GTX, Adidas Terrex Agravic GTX or Adidas Terrex Fast R GTX, plus Adidas Pure Boost All Terrain or Adidas Ultra Boost ATR. Compared to some other water-resistant shoes, their prices are the same.
Q: Is it expensive to buy a pair of Adidas running shoe?
A: No. in fact, most of the running shoes offered by Adidas are reasonable. Of course, there are still many expensive models but their quality is perfect. These models are suitable for the one willing to invest in a premium-quality shoe. Therefore, if you want to purchase a pair supporting you well enough in your daily runs and activity, the other Adidas ones can also satisfy you which are still reliable and durable.
Q: Can I use my Adidas running shoe for both casual day as well as at work
A: Not only Adidas famous for its use for competition performance but also for daily use. Some of the Adidas models are really lightweight and not bulky which are suitable for daily walking and even in the gym. Consequently, you can wear Adidas running shoes at work but make sure they are breathable and comfortable. Choosing your right size is also necessary as it will help your foot avoid getting hurt. Some of the common color for casual use are black, white or gray.
Q: How long can I expect my Adidas running shoes to last?
A: in fact, you should replace your running shoes after 300-500 miles. As a result, let pay attention to how long you have kept your shoes as well as how far you have used it as after 300 miles, it will lose the integrity, even when it still looks good.
Q: Are Adidas running footwear true to size?A: Yes. Adidas offers you the true sizes of shoes; therefore, you can purchase the ones with your normal size to get the comfortable fit. If you buy the wrong one, do not hesitate to return it as it is free.
We hope the above article can help you much in choosing your right Adidas running shoes which satisfy your needs and demands. It is also crucial to clearly know about their features to decide which one is suitable on which terrain. This will also help you much in protecting your legs, ankles and feet while still keeping your energy return.