In previous posts, I suggested you the best treadmills for home use under $500 and $1000. But for some people, these don’t meet their needs so in this post I would like to continue discuss about the best treadmills for home use at higher price point- under $1500.
Some main characteristics of treadmills under $1500
At this price point, when considering to purchase a treadmill for home use, you shouldn’t not only focus on how many features offered by the treadmill but you have right to expect the treadmill with higher reliability, durability, warranty and stability which will provide you with a smooth and enjoyable run. Specifically, here are some main factors of the best treadmill for home use under $1500 you should keep in mind to narrow down the choices before making your own decision.
- Compared to under $1000 treadmills, these units are built with higher quality and more durable components
- The treadmills at this price come with an excellent cushioning to reduce the impact and stress on ankles, knees, hips and lower backs when user walk or run on it.
- The common deck size of these treadmills is about 20″ x 60″ while the models under $1000 or $500 often shorter and narrower.
- In the terms of performance, they often come with at least 3.0 continuous horsepower (CHP) motor (some have 3.5 CHP and 3.8 CHP motor). These offer top speeds up to 11 or 12mph, at least 0-12% incline and support user weight at least 300 pounds.
- Additionally, you can get other supportive features on these models like pulse grips, heart rate monitoring, plenty of pre-set programs, iFit technology, larger screens and quick controls. Some of them also offer music capabilities (speakers and/or iPod dock) which can’t be found on the lower price treadmills.
- 10 best treadmills for home use under $1500
- 1. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- 2. Sole F65 Treadmill
- 3. Xterra Fitness TR6.8 Treadmill
- 4. Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill
- 5. LifeSpan TR3000e Electric Folding Treadmill
- 6. Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill
- 7. SOLE F80
- 8. ProForm Power 1295I Treadmill
- 9. Yowza Fitness Sebring Transformer Treadmill
- 10. Lifespan Fitness TR4000i Folding treadmill
10 best treadmills for home use under $1500
Basing on these above main characteristics as well as reviews on products of customers, I would like to recommend 10 best treadmills for home use under $1500 in 2019
1. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
Although ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill doesn’t have full color console, web browser or adjustable cushioning as the Nordictrack 1750 has, it has many other advanced features to provide users with the possibly effective workouts. It has a strong 3.5 HP motor offering a top speed up to 12 MPH. this motor has a commercial quality and is guaranteed for life that can withstand individuals weighing up to 350 pounds. A spacious 60″ long x 22″ wide track can accommodate all types of runners.
Especially, this track can be inclined from -3% to 15%. This not only helps simulate outdoor running conditions but challenge different muscles fibers and burn more calories as well. It is controlled by a convenient “One-Touch” button.
Besides, this good treadmill also has some great features such as 32 built-in workouts, space-saving design, iFit and a great sound system.
2. Sole F65 Treadmill
The F65 has a spacious 22″ x 60″ track which is well-cushioned for high-speed running. Additionally, this track is two-ply giving a quieter operation and higher longevity. Plus, a powerful 3.25 CHP motor with a top speed of 12 mph that can be used for not only walking, running but also for sprinting training.
Especially, there are 30 incline settings on the Sole F65, and the maximum is a 15 degree angle. This helps replicate the effect when running outside as well as brings enhanced metabolic rate and more challenges for muscles.
Besides, The F65 also offer an option of 10 pre-set workout programs which control the track’s speed and incline. For extra motivation, this treadmill has speakers and an MP3 player port allowing you to enjoy favorite music and forget tiredness during training process and other convenient features including contact pulse monitors on the handlebars and wireless chest strap for cardio monitoring, two bottle holders, personal cooling fans and an accessory tray.
In short, the Sole F65 is a sturdy foldable treadmill especially designed for comfortable running and walking at home.
3. Xterra Fitness TR6.8 Treadmill
The TR6.8 treadmill is the most advanced treadmill of XTERRA Fitness which has been developed to offer everything people need to reach an optimum level of fitness and health. It comes with a powerful 3.5 CHP motor guaranteed by a lifetime warranty. This can get a top speed of up to 12MPH with an adjustable incline of 15%.
Especially, the frame of the TR6.8 is built with rigid and solid steel frame which coated with silver and black color. It can withstand users weighing up to 400 lbs. All of these make the machine become an ideal choice for both casual and even competitive athletes.
Conveniently, you can adjust your workouts up to the next level just with a button integrated in the hand grips. Additionally, 20″x 60″ large deck provides a roomy surface for runners to workout comfortably. It is well-cushioned combining with water bottle holder, cooling fan really bring a less fatigue and effective workouts.
Although this unit only has a 2.5 CHP motor which is less power than motors on New Sole F65 Treadmill or ProForm Pro 2000, it is more power than 2.5 HP motor on other models. This motor still offers a top speed of 12 MPH that is especially designed for runners.
And like other treadmills for runners, the Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill is featured with 20" x 60" running area. It is ideal for most runners to make full strides at high speed.
Additionally, this track is equipped with special cushioning to help reduce the risk of knee injuries and can also enhance your performance. Moreover, in order to help you promote your metabolism and get more muscle tone, the treadmill track can incline up to 12%. It can be manually adjusted or controlled by preset programs. Its other highlight features include ViaFit Connect to track your fitness progress, 35 built-in programs, and Passport video workouts.
- A powerful motor supports a high top speed for running as well as user weight capacity of 325lbs.
- There are more workout programs compared to other models at the same price
- A well-cushioned track can be inclined up to 12% really enhance the performance of users
- The Horizon Adventure 5 Treadmill can easily be folded to save more space
- A 7.5” screen with soft blue lighting displays data include distance, time, incline, speed, pulse, calories burned, and laps allowing you to visualize your progress.
- The console will switch off if the treadmill doesn’t operate for 15 minutes thanks to energy saving feature.
- Contact grips on this treadmill are less convenient and less accurate compared to wireless pulse monitoring systems of other models.
- Some complained about the stability of the machine when running at high speeds.
5. LifeSpan TR3000e Electric Folding Treadmill
This model only has a 2.75 HP but this offer a top speed up to 12 mph, an incline setting up to 15% and user weight capacity of 350 pounds, so this treadmill can be used for everything from incline to sprinting training, or basic walking. In order to provide users with a comfortable and smooth stride, LifeSpan TR3000e Electric Folding has impact absorbing compression shocks that help limit impact on the joints when walking or running.
When it come to the comfort, this machine includes comfortable features such as tablet reading rack, three setting cooling fan, and two oversized cup holders on both sides of the control keys.
Conveniently, the grip controls allow users to safely and easily change the speed and incline. Besides, users can also change these with just the simple push of a button via standard keys and the 5 Quickset™ buttons.
Another highlight feature of this model is Intelli-Step™ feature which works as a built-in pedometer to automatically count every step user take. This unique feature is offered by only a few treadmills.
6. Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill
Like LifeSpan TR3000e Electric Folding Treadmill, this only has a 2.75 CHP drive equipped with low RPM to control the noise but it still has enough main specs of the best treadmill for home use. The top speed of this treadmill is 12 MPH. It has a 60″ x 20″ advanced cushioning workout surface that can incline up to 15% to help users dramatically promote their metabolic rate and get more muscle tone.
Like most treadmills under $1500, the machine can withstand user weight of 350 pounds.
Especially, this unit has much more built-in workout programs (42 programs) than other models. And compared to the grip monitor on Horizon Fitness Adventure 5, this model has a wireless heart rate monitor. This is the leading heart rate monitoring system providing accuracy about 99.9%.
Besides, The Elite T7 Treadmill also has two beverage holders, a reading rack, a USB port for iPods and other MP3 players, a fan and speakers to create more comfort and motivation for users during their training sessions.
- The Horizon Elite T7 Treadmill is a high quality home use machine with lots of advanced features.
- It can be folded to save space
- You don’t need to wax the track. This treadmill takes care of itself quite well.
- The console will move into energy-saving mode if the machine doesn’t run for 15 minutes.
- There are plenty of workout programs built in the machine
- It receives good protection from manufacture.
7. SOLE F80
Thanks to the strong discount, SOLE F80 becomes one of the best treadmills for home use under $1500. It has a strong, 3.5 Cont. Duty HP motor delivering challenging speeds up to 12 MPH and incline range from 0 to 15%. You can control the speed and incline by control system on the arm rests.
The treadmill’s frame is foldable for easy move and storage but is still stable and powerful when operating at high speeds. It can support users weighing less than 375 LBS.
In addition to a powerful motor and durable frame, the unit has a high quality track. It is two-ply paired with commercial quality 2.75″ rollers that minimize stress on the motor, promote quiet operation and enhance the track’s durability.
Moreover, the 22 by 60 inches running surface is featured with advanced cushion technology which is proven to decrease impact and noise up to 40% compared to running on asphalt. The treadmill console is very friendly with user through a vibrant display showing speed, time, incline, calories, distance traveled, pulse and pace.
The console also has built-in speakers for great sound system. Other extra convenient features are two bottle holders, cooling fans and an accessory tray.
8. ProForm Power 1295I Treadmill
Another model coming from ProForm is rated as one of the best treadmills under $1500 is the Power 1295I Treadmill. This unit provides high performance with a 3.5 CHP motor and a maximum speed of 12 MPH that support well for your easy strolls or fastest sprints. Plus, the 0 - 15% automated incline helps users burn more calories and tone more different muscle groups to get their fitness goals faster.
Like other best models for home use at the same price, its 20" x 60" track is also designed with advanced cushioning. The ProShox cushioning on this treadmill can reduce 28% impact on the joints compared to training on pavement. In the terms of durability, thanks to high quality belt material with large rollers, you can run on it thousands of miles without needing to wax or recalibrate. The Power 1295i Treadmill can handle 350 pounds users.
Besides, other highlight features includes 34 workout programs, iFit-Ready for unlimited workout downloads, a two-speed CoolAire fan and Intermix Acoustics speakers. In short, it is a durable and motivating folding treadmill for walkers and runners.
- It is built with commercial quality components.
- The speeds, incline range and large size of deck are suitable for many types of training.
- Beside more than 30 workout programs, the Power 1295i can give unlimited workouts which are downloaded with an iFit membership.
- The machine provides many supportive and comfortable features for effective workouts at home.
- It comes with a good warranty policy
- There is no wireless heart rate monitor
- Although the frame can be foldable, the footprint of the machine is rather too large to be used in small spaces
9. Yowza Fitness Sebring Transformer Treadmill
Firstly, it is rated to be very sturdy even when operates at its highest speed. However, it can be folded to save more space. The Sebring’s 3.0 HP continuous duty motor with heavy precision balanced flywheel offers ample power, maximum speed up to 12 mph and support user weight capacity of 350 pounds. This treadmill has 20" x 55" track with excellent shock absorption to protect trainee’s joints.
It can incline from 0 to 12% to improve user’s performance. User can adjust the treadmill’s speed, resistance and incline as they go just with a convenient quick-start button. Besides, there is a cup holder, an MP3 jack with two high-fidelity speakers, two heart rate monitoring systems on the console of this unit.
Overall, I highly recommend this treadmill for walkers and runners but not tall runners.
10. Lifespan Fitness TR4000i Folding treadmill
The last model under $1500 I would like to recommend for home use is Life span Fitness TR4000i Folding treadmill. It is rated as a durable, solid and stable treadmill supporting well for serious runners. Its quiet 3.25 CHP motor with a lifetime warranty offers a speed range from 0.5 to 12 MPH.
Additionally, 0-15% motorized incline range is for increased calorie burn and muscle definition. In the terms of quality, beside a steel frame and aluminum handlebars withstanding up to 350 LBS users, the machine also has a reversible deck providing twice the longevity compared to other LifeSpan models.
A 20”x60” running surface is supported by 8 compression shock absorbers and a 1” deck. It is to provide good cushioning which protects trainee’s back, knees and joints from strong impact.
For training support, the TR4000i is loaded with 19 preset workouts as well as two heart rate control workouts. Besides, the machine also includes many other convenient features including iPod compatible jack and sound system, a tablet computer holder or a device charger.
In the comparison with other cheaper models, the best treadmills for home use under $1500 often have powerful motor, better cushioning, stronger decks and built with commercial grade components to withstand continue pounding and heavy workouts.