At different price ranges, the treadmills have different levels of quality as well as the number of features. Today, I would like to focus on the best treadmills for home use under $2000. At this price, it will be not difficult for you to choose a machine that meets your needs.
- 10 Best treadmills for home use under $2000
- 1. S77 SOLE Treadmill
- 2. New Sole F85 Treadmill
- 3. Nordic Track commercial 2450
- 4. NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer
- 5. 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- 6. FreeMotion 890 Treadmill
- 7. Horizon Fitness Elite T9 Treadmill
- 8. HORIZON Elite T4000 Treadmill
- 9. ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
- 10. Reebok ZigTech 910 Treadmill
- Some noticeable things you should know about these treadmills
10 Best treadmills for home use under $2000
1. S77 SOLE Treadmill
This model is one of the top Sole treadmills which has function and quality like a health club fitness machine but includes a long residential warranty. The newest version has a 4.0 CHP motor with a 15-level incline and 12 MPH max speed. A two-ply 22″ x 60″ track which is 2″ wider than most treadmill tracks and is large enough for even highest runners.
Moreover, this track is designed with the Sole’s CushionFlex Whisper Deck that is 40% easier on your joints compared to running on asphalts and 2.75” rollers for reducing noise and enhancing the durability.
The maximum user weight capacity of this treadmill is up to 400 pounds. According to recent updating, the Sole S77 features Bluetooth for integrating fitness apps and mobile devices. Besides, this treadmill also includes an MP3 player port and speakers, 10 training programs, contact pulse sensors and wireless chest straps for heart rate monitoring and a secure holder for a mobile device.
- The motor is not only powerful but it also has two zinc-coated flywheels to help reduce vibration.
- A speed range of 0.5 to 12 mph combining with power incline makes this machine is ideal for both walking and running at home.
- User can track workout progress in two ways including through 10.1″ graphic display and the Sole Fitness App.
- This unit has a quality of health club fitness machine.
- Unlike most Sole’s treadmills for home use, the frame of this unit can’t be folded to save space.
- With this model, you cannot download more workout programs
- Its large deck size (83″ x 35″) will be an issue for those who don’t have a wide space to put their treadmill.
2. New Sole F85 Treadmill
The Sole F85 is another good treadmill for home use under $2000 of the Sole. It provides everything a power walker or serious runner often expects for effective home training: a powerful motor, an automated incline, a spacious workout area and great cushioning.
Specifically, the unit has a commercial 4.0 CHP motor with a speed range of 0- 12 mph. a 22″ x 60″ running area is a two-ply and thick track featured with 0 to 15% incline options and 2.75-inch rollers. These large rollers contribute to promoting quiet operation and machine longevity. Additionally, it also combines with the CushionFlex Whisper Deck technology to provide users with very cushioned strides.
Like other high-end model, it supports user weight capacity up to 400 pounds. Other advanced features included in this machine are a 10.1-inch graphic workout display, wireless pulse transmitter, a Bluetooth connection, 10 workout programs, MP3 player port with speakers and a secure tablet holder. In short, it is indeed a solid choice for training at home.
- This treadmill can syncs with mobile apps to share data.
- It is compatible with blue-tooth connected devices making music listening extremely easy and convenient.
- It comes with lifetime coverage on frame, motor and deck as well as long warranty on electronics and parts.
- Two users can save customized programs and store profiles for quick-start convenience.
- A 10.1″ screen with graphic display and white background is easy to read.
- The F85 Treadmill can be quickly folded to save space
- a wireless heart rate monitor on the F85 is deemed 99.9% accurate
- It has large footprint when not folded
- Its side rails are rather short
3. Nordic Track commercial 2450
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is considered as the top NordicTrack’s premium home treadmill for 2017. The main specs of the 2450 are a 4.0 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor, 12 MPH max speed, -3 to 15% power incline and decline and a spacious 22″ x 60″ training area. In the terms of quality, beside the power motor and a strong frame, it’s built with other high quality practical components such as a sound-muffling deck and a two-ply belt.
One of the most eye-catching features of this model I have to mention is a high definition 10” touchscreen which includes up to 40 built- in workout programs as well as a web browser. Other convenient features found on the 2450 are a tablet holder, a 10-inch HD touchscreen, a set of 3″ speakers and a port for accessing the MP3s and three AutoBreeze™ fans. However, this machine provides a lower user weight capacity than expected of just 300 lbs.
- The impressive motor can support intense training. It also runs quietly and is self-cooling to ensure longevity.
- It is iFit-enabled for unlimited workouts
- 12 MPH speed combined with the durable motor and power incline makes the Commercial 2450 an ideal treadmill for interval and sprinting training.
- It is sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
- Despites foldable feature, it seems to be too heavy to be portable.
- It is rather hard to find parts replacement if problems arise
4. NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer is a great treadmill which offers rapid calorie burn and supports digital entertainment. It is thanks to a maximum 6% decline and a maximum 40% incline. Additionally, other key specs include a 3.0 CHP motor, 12 MPH max speed, a 22" x 60" running surface featured with Reflex™ cushioning and a 10″ touch screen integrated with iFit for accessing Internet and the workout programs.
Especially, the new model for 2016 features WhisperQuiet™ technology that absorbs and sound caused by each step you take. In order to enhance the machine’s quiet operation and longevity, NordicTrack builds the X9i Incline Trainer with 2.5″ rollers.
Besides, the X9i come with 44 built-in programs in console to focus on calorie burn, speed, incline or intensity training. In short, this machine is powerful enough for not only walkers but has big appeal to runners looking for a challenging workout.
- The 3.0 continuous horsepower motor on this machine has commercial quality and a lifetime warranty.
- Unlike the tablet holder featured on 2014 model, this has an adjustable angle and places user’s device at eye level for the perfect view.
- There are much more workout programs compared to other models at the same price
- An iPod-compatible port and a set of 3″ speakers allow users to exercise to their favorite tunes
- Despite having great quality, this model only has one-ply track
- This model is more expensive than a traditional NordicTrack treadmill
5. 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner is the perfect home use treadmill for those who don’t have wide space to put their machine but still want to have a quality one. As we know that, most folding treadmills lack the quality for running at longer distances or higher speeds but not including the Pro Runner Treadmill. With high quality components such as 3.0hp motor, 0 - 15% incline range, 12 MPH max speed and an Ortho Flex Shock™ suspension system, this model can be used not only for walkers but for runners alike.
The treadmill belt runs on large 3″ rollers for a reliable and comfortable workout experience that is easier on the joints as well as reducing tear or wear. This treadmill can withstand user weight up to 350 pounds. Additionally, you will have the necessary programs you need with 8 built-in workouts, two custom programs, and three fitness test programs in this model.
Besides, the console on the 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill is equipped with the basics like a multi-speed built-in cooling fan and two water bottle holders. Plus, this model is also equipped with both wireless heart rate monitoring and contact grip capabilities.
- Compared to other folding models, this offers users the unique ability to have a space saving design and high quality treadmill in one machine.
- It includes a lifetime frame and motor warranty and a 5 years parts warranty.
- User can make easy and quick incline/speed changes by only with the One Touch Controls on the console.
- It does lack an audio port or speakers
- Its 20.5″x 58″ running area is smaller than the average, which should be closer to 20″ x 60″.
6. FreeMotion 890 Treadmill
For those who are looking for a treadmill that balances functionality, technology and design, you should take a close look into the FreeMotion 890. It has enough necessary features for endurance improvement such as a 4.25 CHP Commercial Pro Motor offering speeds of up to 12MPH, a mixture of incline and decline of -3-15%, and some advanced technology built into the workout console including plenty of convenient buttons for easier operation, 10" Full Color Touch Display with Browser Powered by Android, 15" High-Definition TV and iFit Enabled.
Specially, a decline option is a great additional feature that will provide the runner with an extra challenge as well as help target different muscle fibers for more effective results.
For comfortable strides, the machine offers a 22" x 60" 2-Ply, Commercial-Grade Tread belt which is combined with surface response suspension technology to reduce the impact on ankle and knee joints. This belt runs on 3" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller very smoothly and quietly. This roller also helps enhance the durability of the belt. The durable structure of FreeMotion 890 Treadmill can withstand user weighing up to 400 lbs.
- The 890 comes with a decline option which is hard to be found among lower budget models.
- It is supported by an excellent warranty policy with lifetime cover on the frame and motor, five years on various parts, and two years on labor.
- The machine includes a fan to keep user cool in even more intensive training sessions.
- Despite having the wheels attached to the system, it is still a bit heavy to move around due to its rather heavy weight.
7. Horizon Fitness Elite T9 Treadmill
Although Horizon Fitness Elite T9 only has 2.75 HP motor, it is power enough to be used for even serious runners. It provides 60" x 20" running area which can incline up to 15% and run smoothly even at the highest speed of 12 MPH. This track is infused with hard wax for maintenance-free as well as is designed with variable response cushioning that provides a smart blend of firmness and shock absorption.
A 10” touch screen provides users with the feedback they need including time, incline, distance, speed, pace, heart rate, calories, date, clock, a workout tracking calendar and especially 44 built-in programs.
Plus, in case you don’t use the treadmill but forget to turn it off, the console will automatically change into energy saver mode. Besides, there are also many other perks such as iPod compatibility, a reading rack, a fan, two beverage holders and a USB port with speakers or contact heart rate sensors.
- This machine can be folded to save your living space
- It is integrated synthetic hard wax in the belt so it doesn’t need the routine lubrication.
- With this model, you can track your workouts by using ViaFit
- Included passport video allows you to virtually travel the world for exercise.
- It has large footprint when not unfolded.
- You have to pay more to have additional Virtual Active workouts
8. HORIZON Elite T4000 Treadmill
Another model of Horizon which is considered as the best treadmill under $2000 is the Elite T4000 Treadmill. This has a powerful 2.5 CHP digital drive motor providing a speed range of 0.5 -12 mph (0.8 - 20 km/h).
Especially, 4.4mm belt offers the ultimate balance between shock absorption and firmness as well as a spacious and durable 60 x 20" (152 x 51 cm)running deck. This running surface can be inclined up to 14% to enhance the effectiveness of training sessions.
The treadmill frame is made of steel that is strong enough to withstand user weight of 375 lbs without any problems. Other highlight features found on the machine are 12 motivational programs and 3 Orange 10 x 14 LED screens with dot matrix for convenient workout feedback. Besides, this also includes extra features such as hand pulse grips & polar chip receiver for heart rate feedbacks.
- It provides a great cushioning system with very comfortable running surface.
- The machine has a compact design and is easy to be folded.
- The Elite T4000 Treadmill is solid with class leading build quality and a great warranty
- The motor has lower power than ones on other models at the same price range.
9. ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
The Pro 9000 Treadmill is one of the ProForm’s top options for home use. A 4.2 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro motor is powerful but very quiet. Other main specs of this model are 0-12 MPH speed range, 22 x 60" commercial tread belt with -3 -15% decline and incline options. Especially, ProForm used Pro-Shox cushioning on its track to help make running much more comfortable and safer than running on asphalt or concrete.
The speed and decline/incline can be quick and easy controlled thanks to the convenient control system built on the machine. The powerful motor, commercial quality belt and sturdy frame allow users weighing up to 400 lbs to run on it without any issues. Plus, the workout programming of Pro 9000 Treadmill is very varied with 38 built-in workout programs that make exercise more interesting.
Besides, you also see many other good features on this model such as iFit technology, 10" oversized backlit display, compatible music port for iPod and a coolAire workout fan. In short, this machine is really a good investment especially for your daily running at home.
- The track size is wider than other models at the same price.
- The motor runs strongly and quietly with a commercial quality withstanding even the most rigorous of workouts.
- 3" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Rollers provides smooth belt’s operation as well as enhance its durability.
- It has decline option which is hard to be found on other models at this price
- The manufacture doesn’t offer good sale service
10. Reebok ZigTech 910 Treadmill
The last best treadmill for home use under $2000 I would like to mention is the Reebok ZigTech 910 Treadmill. This home treadmill is built for walkers and intermediate runners who are looking for a respectable treadmill for their home training but not too fancy. It has a 3.0 HP motor which is powerful enough for most users with max speed of 12 MPH and incline options from 0 to 15%. Its motor allows you to work out for long time while still keeping a consistent and smooth run.
Plus, you can quickly adjust your speed and incline to burn more calories, boost the cardio or to enjoy a proper cool down thanks to quick step speed/incline control system. Additionally, 20 by 60 inch track is long and wide enough for runners’ strides. The ZigTech Cushioning system equipped on the track will require less recovery time between workouts and help you perform better.
The machine includes 30 built-in training programs offering something for everyone. This Reebok’s treadmill has a 350 pound user weight capacity. When speaking about other extra features, this model also includes iFit Option, 7 inch backlit display providing crisp readouts for workout data, wireless heart rate monitor, compatible iPod music port and intermix acoustics 3.0 sound system.
- The Space-Saver design with shock assist makes the machine easy to be vertically folded.
- The 3.0 CHP Commercial Pulse Motor is more powerful compared to the typical treadmill motor.
- There are many supportive features to motivate users during their workouts.
- It comes with a good warranty packet.
- Heavier users will want to have a more powerful motor.
- This treadmill is quite large even when being folded
Some noticeable things you should know about these treadmills
- Firstly, like when choosing treadmills at other price ranges, you should pay attention to their quality components they offer. For these models, they always have better quality than treadmills under $1500. Specifically, they have to have a substantial frame, large track rollers, commercial quality wiring and thick tread belts which can handle user weights of at least 350 lbs without no problem.
- Speak about the motor, the treadmills at under $2000 have at least a 3.0 CHP motor which runs quietly, brings smooth performance and offers 12-15mph max speed. Some models even have 4.0 CHP motor with powerful incline feature. The max incline is often from 12 to 15%.
- The treadmills above $1500 and under $2000 often have plenty of workout programs (more than 9 workout programs). Some good models also include high-tech workout programming like Virtual Active and iFit. These provide more ample workout programs.
- It comes along with modern consoles integrated with the latest digital technologies.
- When it comes to the size of workout surfaces, machines at this price should have spacious workout surfaces (20 inches wide and 60 inches long). Some high-end treadmills feature ones with extra width and length. These surfaces are well-cushioned to protect user’s joints.
- Some of the more popular treadmills under $2000 today come with several extra features like one touch incline buttons, tablet holders, Android web browsers, built-in fan, Bluetooth, speed adjustments, wireless data tracking and more.
- You also need to consider the safety features like an emergency off button and a safety key.
- Lastly, you should check the feedback or reviews on the treadmill before making decision to buy or not.
You Might Also Like:
As you see, my list of the top treadmills that cost under $2000 always come along with the exceptional specifications and features but they are not free from cons. However, anyway they will definitely provide users with a great form of aerobic exercise at home that they can do without worrying about the weather condition outside. If you have any other suggestions, please write here to make my article more complete.