If you are looking for a treadmill to lose weight or increase performance but at a not too expensive price, Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is one of the good options for you. What are the great features that make this become suitable for these purposes? This article will answer this question for you.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill - Description
- Display: The display shows information on how many miles you've ran, how many calories you've worked off and the amount of time the treadmill has been running.
- Motor: a 2.25hp motor (1.5hp continuous duty) that can reach up to 10 mph (in increments of 0.5 mph).
- Incline: There is a 2-position manual incline (1.5 percent and 6 percent), which requires you to lift the running deck to the required level before beginning your run.
- Running deck area: is 16″ x 50″ and ideal for walking or light jogging (suitable for people of medium height or shorter).
- The control panel: this is very friendly for users. You can adjust the speed by using the plus and minus buttons or one of the number buttons (1-10). Each number represents the mph. The fastest speed you can achieve on this treadmill is 10mph. There are also preset workouts including 3 weight loss and 3 intensity training workouts. The control panel features a heart rate monitor that you can use by putting your thumb over the heart symbol.
- Maximum User Weight: 250 lbs.
- Comfort Cell™ Cushioning: Reduce stress on the joints and increase comfort for workouts.
- Extra options: emergency stop, a quick start button, and two buttons that allow you to navigate between weight loss and intensity programs.
- Can be folded up.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill review
I am a middle aged person with arthritis in a hip. This treadmill helps me walk every day without worrying about bad weather conditions, and even when I suddenly need to sit for rest, I can do that immediately without concern of being a few miles from home. The width is sufficient for comfortable running although the belt measures in at 16" x 50". It isn't super wide, but there is definitely plenty of room for a grown adult to walk or run. In fact, this is 10" shorter and 4" narrower than the standard 20" x 60" walking belt that is popular on many treadmills. But because I am not tall so it is suitable for me. Besides, the addition of comfort cell cushioning will keep you comfortable in each stride. The belt action is smooth, and I believe it has a bit of a cushion. I can watch TV with ease while using this treadmill which makes the workout much more enjoyable. Unlike my old treadmill, this is much easier on my knees after training a few miles on it.
The little shelf designed in this treadmill is perfect for keeping a book or tablet secure and a water bottle holder. This treadmill comes with space saver design. You can fold it up when not in use, that is very convenient for narrow space household. It is also easy to assemble and easy to use also. There is some assembling required, but it is fairly easy to accomplish. I assembled it myself without any troubles. Speeds can be adjusted easily with a touch screen sensor buttons. Despite not having a cooling fan, MP3 connectivity, or speakers, you can still have all the essential features you need to adjust and track your workouts.
I bought this to replace our Stamina Inmotion 2 and it works very well. It has enough basic features to change my walking pace to keep my exercise engaging and interesting. Besides, it is also easy for you to change the incline which helps increase the intensity of your workouts. Furthermore, it works fairly quiet and can go up to 10 mph while still very stable. If I am using it with my bedroom door closed, no one can hear it in other areas of the house. I like to use it very early in the morning and don't want to wake anyone else. Comfort cell cushioning technology not only makes each stride more comfortable but also works very well in absorbing impact during training to help protect the knees and other joints. A common problem of many treadmill runners is the pains and aches afterwards due to feet landing on too hard belt for long periods of time. However, this hasn’t happened with Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. Although the 2.25 horse power motor is not the highest on the market, it provides enough power and great performance for me to get a good workout in comfort
Weslo is famous for offering good quality products at low prices and that is what they have done in the Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. This machine is a sturdy and well-designed treadmill with a decent motor so you don’t have to worry about the collapse after doing heavy duty. It is built up with quite high quality materials and I honestly don't think it's possible to buy a great treadmill at a good price like this. But it is not fair if some runners make the comparison between the durability of Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill and other expensive treadmills on the market. Some users reported that they have used it for 10 years and it is still going good.
As I mentioned above, Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is highly recommended for losing weight or increasing performance, for anyone who is recovering from an illness. Additionally, the treadmill is also chosen as a starter treadmill which will be used for walking or jogging. However, I don't recommend using this treadmill for running. Read more: Best Treadmills for Runners
The warranty on the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is one of the cons of this treadmill. Labor and parts are covered for only 90 days while the motor is covered for only 1 year. However, you can’t require better warranty from Weslo with very cheap price. I only hope that this manufacture can last longer than the warranty time, that will make customers more satisfied with their products.
I believe that this is an excellent option for both beginner and intermediate runner enthusiasts. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill not only meets my demand about functions but also suits my budget. I can’t expect another better treadmill than this at a very good price. You will never regret buying it.