Basing on fitness goals of each person, they will list several features in mind that serve as their criteria when they look for the perfect treadmill for themselves. Professional users often find high-end models at high price level with more advanced features while normal trainee tends to find simple models at cheap price to add into their home gym. Today, firstly I would like to suggest 10 best treadmill under 500 dollars for home use .
- 1 10 Best treadmills under 500 dollars for home 2018 - 2019
- 1.1 1. ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
- 1.2 2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill
- 1.3 3. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
- 1.4 4. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 1.5 5. Confidence GTR Power Pro 1100W Motorized Electric Treadmill
- 1.6 6. Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill
- 1.7 7. ProGear HC3500 Extended Weight Capacity Smooth Walking and Jogging Electric Treadmill
- 1.8 8. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
- 1.9 9. Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill
- 1.10 10. Exerpeutic TF900 High Capacity Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
- 1.11 How to buy the best treadmill under 500 dollars
- 1.12 To conclude
Some characteristics of treadmills under 500 dollars
According to surveys, the budget treadmills under 500 dollars are the best-selling products among treadmills for home use because more and more people are trying to keep their fit without breaking the bank. However, there are a few things you need to know before buying one of these models.
- No matter what the weather is outside, treadmills for home use will give you an excellent form of aerobic exercise at home.
- They are easier on sensitive joints like the hips and knees than when you walk or run on the roads because most treadmill’s running surfaces are padded.
- They have some differences compared to other more expensive models. Firstly, they weigh less and often come with small design. Secondly, they have smaller motors (often under 2 HP), and lastly they cannot handle high user weight as heavier more expensive treadmills can do (max user weight of them is not often over 275 lbs). Therefore, if you have moderate weight, these cheap treadmills are highly recommended for you.
- Of course, having cheaper price so these treadmills also have lower quality than other expensive versions. And many machines under $500 probably will just serve a few months before breaking down.
- The best treadmill under 500 dollars might not feature pulse grips, a cooling fan, quick controls or iPod dock as well.
- And because of their simple design as well as less function than, they are not popular type you can see in the local gym.
10 Best treadmills under 500 dollars for home 2018 - 2019
After viewing and reading many advertisements of different brands and reviews of users on each product, I would like to list 10 best treadmills under 500 dollars for home use in 2018 - 2019
1. ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
Performance 300i Treadmill is one of the rare treadmills coming from ProForm with price under $500. It is the best in its class with only 2.0 horsepower motor but can reach speeds of up to 10mph. its strong frame can support a max user weight of up to 300 lbs. besides, there is also a generous running surface which is measured at 18 x 50″.
This surface combines with 10 incline settings in order to improve the performance of users more effectively. With this model, you will get a well-made, high quality treadmill, with durable components and great console. The console provides you with 16 programmable workout routines and the ability to use a chest strap heart rate monitor. Generally, the Performance 300i has all of the specs of even $1000 models at just half the price.
- It is built up with high quality and durable material and components at a not expensive price - One of the best treadmill under 500 dollars
- The treadmill has many advanced and convenient features found on more expensive models such as iPod compatible sound system, Innovative EasyLiftTM Assist telescoping shock or you can adjust speed and incline with one touch controls.
- The 2.0 continuous horsepower Mach Z Motor offers a top speeds up to 10 mph that can be used for not only walking, jogging but also for running.
- 0-10% incline range helps users burn more calories and target specific muscle groups.
- This treadmill may be not suitable for taller users with a somewhat small running surface.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill is one of treadmills for home use under $500 has a powerful motor. At 2.2 horsepower, this motor runs strongly but quietly and offers top speed of 6 mph. Although this speed is not fast enough for running, it is a popular speed for many trainees. Additionally, this Sunny Health & Fitness treadmill can support users up to a 220 lb weight capacity. Moreover, it has 9 different workout programs and 3 incline gradients to vary user’s workout routines. The adjustment controls are integrated on the hand rails are easy and convenient for user to adjust speed and incline.
This machine also designed with a very easy folding system and a cushioned drop closing mechanism for easy folding and unfolding the treadmill. However, the running deck on the machine is measured at only 15.75 inches by 48.82 that may be not enough for large individuals. Like other modern models, the unit includes an LCD screen allowing you to track your time, distance, calorie burned. In short, the SF-T4400 is extremely cheap but still packed with high quality.
- This treadmill comes with many great features for home use but in very cheap price.
- It provides users with comfortable and stable strides thanks to a powerful motor and sturdy base.
- The machine is easy to use thanks to the adjustment controls integrated on the hand rails.
- The unit has a modern style, which will make your home gym more elegant.
- Its top speed is rather lower compared to other models for home use because it can’t be used for running.
- The small running surface can’t accommodate large trainee and doesn’t allow you to move too much from side to side during running process.
3. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
I would like to suggest this model for those who are looking for a treadmill for their walking or jogging at home. That is because it just has a 1.5 HP motor which offers a top speed of 4 mph and a 20″ x 40″ track. This motor is equipped with Quiet Drive technology so it runs very quietly. You will be able to enjoy favorite music or video when e walking on the treadmill. And surprisingly, this machine can withstand user weighing up to 400 pounds while most treadmills under $500 only has a maximum user weight of 250 pounds. When it comes to the safety, this unit has safety bars measuring 18”, which is longer compared to the standard handle bar.
Although its rather heavy weight at 120 lbs, you can move it easily due to the foldable feature. In addition to the 0- 10 incline grade, the TF1000 has 16 exercise program settings to help user vary their workouts. The unit also comes with the best warranty at its price with 5-year motor and frame cover and a 90-day labor and parts warranty.
- The machine can support user weight up to 400 lbs.
- The motor operates smoothly and quietly
- It includes a great warranty policy at a cheap price
- The foldable feature is for convenient storage and moving
- Extra-long handles provide safer and more secured walking compared to standard handles.
- It can be used only for walking or jogging not for running
- This model lacks an impressive cushioning system like on the models for running.
4. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
The Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill of Weslo is one of the newest models on the market at the very competitive price. When compared to the Exerpeutic 350 Walking Fitness Treadmill, which has a higher price, the Weslo Cadence still offers more features. This is an upgraded version of the 5.2 model. It has 2.25 HP motor offing a top speed of 10 MPH. The speeds are adjustable combined with electronic LCD displaying calories burned, speed time elapsed, and distance makes tracking progress easier.
Especially, despite having low price, this machine can be still manually inclined to improve the performance of user. Besides, the unit also comes with six pre-set workouts. These are excellent for burning fat, increasing endurance and blasting calories. However, this model only withstand user weighing not over 250 lbs. Overall, this treadmill is an excellent piece of equipment for those looking for an addition to their home gym.
- It is lighter in weight compared to its similar counterparts
- The machine is easy to use and ideal for the beginners
- Mobility features and compact size make it perfect for home gym
- The workout area is designed with comfort cell cushioning that reduces the impact and stress on the joints.
- The maximum user weight is rather low
- 16″ wide and 50″ long track seems to be small for users to stretch their strides comfortably.
- It is sometimes complained about making the noise
5. Confidence GTR Power Pro 1100W Motorized Electric Treadmill
You will be surprised with an adjustable manual incline and a full set of features packed in this model at very cheap price. A manual incline with 3 levels will help you train your glutes, quads and calves. The 1.5 HP motor offering 0.5mph to 7.5mph speed range is reliable and suit to strength the frame which can support the 265 pound weight limit.
Plus, this home treadmill also provides 12 different fitness programs and a heart rate monitor for users of different fitness levels who are expecting to burn more calories, work up a sweat at home, or train from their own living rooms without spending more money on expensive trainers. Besides, it includes a multi-function LED display that shows speed, time, distance, calories burned combined with a heart rate monitor for accurate calorie counts. These help users track training process easier. However, 43.3" x 15.7" runway size seems to be small for people with long strides.
- The Confidence GTR Power Pro has a compact deck length and a foldable feature, lightweight for easy storage.
- 3 levels of incline is included for a greater challenge
- The unit has more fitness programs than others at the same price
- The motor runs smoothly and quietly
- The small running are can accommodate people with long strides
- The control panel beeps too loud
6. Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill
At under $500, Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill can provides users of different fitness levels with features that they want to find in a commercial gym. It is powered with a 2.5 total horsepower drive motor that can’t be found on many models in its price range. The motor offers adjustable speed range from 1 to 10 miles per hour and ensure that the steady deck runs smoothly at any speed.
Additionally, it comes with a spacious 18-by-47-inch workout area, which is equipped with an Aerosoft cushioning system to provide comfortable strides as well as reduces the impact on the user’s joints. It can be inclined from 0 to 5 percent to help user burn more calorie. You will be also happy when know that the 715T has a steel frame with a foldable feature that makes storage easier. This steel frame is heavier compared to ones on other cheap models. It comes with a lifetime warranty and can hold users weighing up to 250 pounds. Besides, 3-window LED display showing your time, distance, speed, calories, and more provides you with needed information about your training process.
- It has a durable and long-lasting steel frame and powerful but quiet motor at not an expensive price.
- A folding frame and wheels make the transport and storage easier
- A wide and well-cushioned running surface provides comfortable and less impact strides
- It is featured adjustable incline setting that is difficult to find on the cheap models
- Intuitive console controls are easy to use
- The manual incline can affect your rhythm
7. ProGear HC3500 Extended Weight Capacity Smooth Walking and Jogging Electric Treadmill
Walking on the ProGear HC3500 is one of the most effective and easiest ways to achieve a regime of regular exercise. Compared to outdoor walking, this treadmill provides you with the benefits of shock absorption as well as let you enjoy your favorite music or TV at only under $500. A 1.5 HP High Torque Motor offers adjustable speeds that allow the user to walk or do light jog at 4 mph pace. Speak about the safety, the treadmill has extended handlebars to make walking securely and help prevent loss of balance. These handlebars also include heart pulse sensors to calculate user’s heart rate and keep them stay in their target zone.
Especially, you can’t imagine that at its cheap price, the machine still supports weight capacity up to 350 pounds. In short, this is a good option for those who want to look for equipment for home use to help them lose body fat, tone muscles and stay in shape by walking.
- The ProGear HC3500 can be folded for easy storage and move easily with the support of transportation wheels.
- The machine provide high user weight capacity
- The safety of user is enhanced thanks to extended handlebars
- The speeds can be adjusted by convenient speed control buttons on the handlebars.
- A 16 inch W x 36 inch L is too narrow for running
8. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
When it comes with performance, the Performance 505 CST indeed provides consistent, reliable performance. 2.5 continuous horsepower motor, which is hard to found on models under $500, is made for speed and endurance for even toughest workouts. It can offer a 10 mph maximum speed. This combines with 0 to 10 percent incline range, your workout will be transformed from the same old thing to a new challenge.
Moreover, a 20-inch x 55-inch tread belt is larger than ones on other models and equipped with ProShox Cushioning giving a roomy and soft area for user to walk, jog and even run comfortably. 18 workout apps allow you to enjoy a challenging workout focused in on your goals. Additionally, the large LCD console display, built-in heart rate monitor and compatible music port for iPod help users easier to track their progress and keep them motivated to achieve their goals.
- The machine provides a powerful and a spacious running surface than expected - Great treadmill under 500 dollars
- The 505 CST offers automatic, powered incline adjustability that gives user’s legs a little extra burn.
- It also has many features found on high-end models
- There are wider range of pre-set workout programs
- SpaceSaver Design is included for convenient storage
- 10 MPH maximum speed seems to be too low for heavy running
9. Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill
If you’re on a budget and looking for a treadmill to improve your health and fitness by walking or light jogging at your own home, this treadmill is highly recommended. Despite having cheap price, it still has a motorized electric platform. Its 600w motor can support up to 6.2 mph. Other main specs of this machine are a 14”x39 workout surface and user weight capacity of 250 lbs. Additionally, with Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill, you will get a standard console which displays calories, distance, time and speed but no pre-set workout programs.
- The price is cheaper than expected
- It has a motorized electric platform which is difficult to find on the models at the same price
- The machine still provides users with enough condition to improve their health despite having low price
- There is no pre-set workout program
- The workout surface seems to be too small
- The speed is not enough for fast pace running
10. Exerpeutic TF900 High Capacity Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
Another model under $500 I would like to recommend for home use is Exerpeutic TF900 High Capacity Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill. This in-home treadmill is especially designed for fitness walking. It has 1.5 HP motor that supports a maximum speed of 4 MPH. At this speed, the user can achieve effective workouts to improve their health or stay fit without needing to run.
Additionally, the treadmill also provides wide side rails and 16” W x 36” L walking surface. The workout area is well-padded to be easier on sensitive joints. Especially, this model is ideal for heavy users because it is featured with a heavy duty frame. It can withstand users weighing up to 350 pounds that can’t be found on cheap models like it. In the terms of convenience, the unit includes LCD Display window for easy tracking training process, control system conveniently placed on handlebars and a space saver design combined with built-in wheels for easy storage and moving.
- The motor provides a reliable performance
- The user weight capacity is higher than expected
- There are many convenient features for easy use and controlling
- The speed is too low to be used for running
- The workout surface should be wider and longer for people with long strides can walk more comfortably
How to buy the best treadmill under 500 dollars
In order to choose the most suitable treadmill model for you, normally you have to check the size of running surface (or deck), the motor and max user weight whether they fit your needs. Besides, there is a very wide range of treadmills from different brands on the market that will make you hard to choose one. So how can you choose the best one among them? I would like to suggest you the way to examine the most important features to narrow down your choices.
When you look at different treadmills that interest you at under $500, you may see different styles of motors. In this case, I highly recommend you to choose the treadmill coming with the style of motor called Continuous Duty Horse Power (CHP). This style (CHP) is rated as the most efficient and durable among various styles of motor.
Speak about frame, while many models are designed with aluminum frames I would advise to buy a treadmill with a steel frame. The steel frame has been reviewed to be better because it is not only more durable but also can withstand higher user weight compared to the aluminum frame.
Firstly, you should note to its thickness because this will affect its durability and lifetime. 2-ply tread belts are highly recommended in this case. Besides, the size of tread belt is another factor you should keep in mind. If you only use the treadmill for walking or jogging, this factor may not so important. But for a more comfortable experience I would recommend you staying around 48-inches in length. In case you plan using your treadmill for running, the shortest length I would like to recommend is 54 – inches.
These models above are rated as the best treadmill under 500 dollars for home used basing on reviews of users. However, if these are not what you are looking for, you should consider the more expensive treadmills with stronger motors, powered incline, much better build quality, and better warranties. I will mention them in next article.